Wednesday 8 December 2010

Blog Question


Here is a question I have never seen addressed. If you have, then please share some wisdom. 
One of the problems with blogs is that you have no idea how the blogger is doing. Surf some blogs out there and you will find many have just stopped. Bloggers have trouble with their computers, marriage, sickness, family, finances, depression etc. Sometimes they die. You don't know what happened unless you are friends with the family. 
For instance, if I were to drop dead today, my blog would continue until February 11, 2011 with two more posts on February 15 and one on March 7 (Loraine Boettner's birthday). Then there would be no more - ever...no announcement of my departure...no word of my death. That's because my wife, friends or family would not post anything - they wouldn't even think about it.
So my question is - how long do you think a blog should remain on your list if no activity is evident?
I kept one blog listed for a full year. (I actually was beginning to think they might have died) I was about to delete it from my list and they returned with a promise to blog on a daily basis.
I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Maintaining a blog on a consistent basis is hard work. I have a dear friend who started a blog and posted one entry. That was it. 
How long would you hold on to a friend's blog before deleting it?
Would YOU be offended if after a period of inactivity someone dropped you from their list and added someone who blogs weekly?
There are blogs out there that never list any other blogs whatsoever - they have it easy. (although, I often wonder why they won't do so. Sharing the spotlight and helping other blogs is part of the fun)
Any comments? I certainly hope so.

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment